yaya

official
5th Comeback Discussion Thread

188 posts in this topic

I feel this upcoming comeback will be something special.

"LOL" was the album where they got their feet wet in different genres, while keeping the GFRIEND sound. I said before the "LOL" release that it was an important time for them. The girls and album were received well. I think this comeback we'll see great things. It's not about comparing their past achievements. It's about growth, them as a group and them individually. Just a feeling. :)

With this long wait I would hope they'll be back with their 2nd Full Album so we have more songs to spazz over in return of our painful and torturous long wait for their comeback!

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

3 hours ago, GFSuzr said:

I don't know how everyone else feels but I thought the girls looked stunning in all black at the SMA. I would love to see a concept like that. It was classy and trendy.

As for the type of songs I'd like to see them do a track that's funky and/or R&B. Songs that you can really get down to. I also love dance tracks so I welcome anything with a fast tempo bumping sound. I can just imagine the choreography will be killer. The great thing with these genres is that they don't need to fall under the cute or sexy (or other) concept.

I can dig this concept. :)

Definitely. They're growing up but it seems like people want them to grow up real fast. The cute has been done over and over, So has the sexy, sexy too. A lot of times less means more, yeah.

yash :D glad to see somebuddies loving those techno/dubstep pieces

I like gone with the wind and neverland too :x I think GFriend will nail that music concept ....

One thing I doubt is about korean market itself. I heard techno/semi-dubstep like that not selling well .... Is it true?

6 hours ago, alohachingu said:

Yes. That electro pop feel with Eunha's "sexy, sexy" wish yet still Kpop, Gfriend's way, powerful and innocent. That's what I'd like to see too. E.ONE who composed "Gone with the Wind" also composed "Cupid" for Kara. They did an awesome job with "Mr." from Kara. Even a song with that "Galaxy Supernova" feel to it too. The composers for Galaxy Supernova are a Japanese-Korean producer-song writer and some Danish composers as well. That Euro house/electro style and feel that this song has. Great, ,I'm describing a Kara/SNSD combo...but it could work. They pull of the European look very well. Especially Sowon.

With this album and their European trip they've matured a bit. It's time that their music does too, yeah.

Just my thoughts.

Ah I see. Well, same for me, I want Mamma Mia/Step's sound, but with the innocent look that GFRIEND has built up. I think there's this niche that we've found ourselves in with the hard choreography and innocent concept, and I really want them to continue along this track and not just become 'One of the rest'. I think most groups taper off after their 4th/5th song because they tried too hard to emulate other groups and couldn't differentiate themselves enough. 

That's my personal take on the comeback though. I have a feeling this one's gonna be the make it or break it for the girls. 

Hmm.. i don't mind any concept, for me the most important is the song and choreography.
Imo for title track, i want to not too love song related e.g it's about lifes, dreams, fighting spirit etc with fairly line distribution. It's would be nice if the song could make their voice more stand out than other titletracks (maybe eunha or sinb high note along with yuju ). Also for choreography it's must be complex and powerfull.
Meanwhile for sidetrack, i want them to try another genres like jazz, swing, soul, or RnB(not like sunshine). Maybe like mamamoo cat fight , i think it suits them.

Sent from my deeply heart using GFSQUAD mobile app

19 hours ago, TracerAngel said:

Ah I see. Well, same for me, I want Mamma Mia/Step's sound, but with the innocent look that GFRIEND has built up. I think there's this niche that we've found ourselves in with the hard choreography and innocent concept, and I really want them to continue along this track and not just become 'One of the rest'. I think most groups taper off after their 4th/5th song because they tried too hard to emulate other groups and couldn't differentiate themselves enough. 

That's my personal take on the comeback though. I have a feeling this one's gonna be the make it or break it for the girls. 

Yes, they should never stray away from their powerful innocent choreo. They can always do things in their own style and from what I see is that people want them to break away from that but yet that is what everyone is attracted to. How many covers of Rough are out there from Buddies all over the world...even by boys.

I agree with their CEO So Seong Jin, in that they do not need to do a sexy concept to be successful but maturing in music and the style of choreo could add a new level to their music and choreo itself. Their CEO really knows what he's doing. It might seem like it to many people but if it wasn't for him, their talents wouldn't have blossomed the way they did and that got them 29 wins.

Everyone has to really admit that our girls are very talented but there are a lot of talented people with them too. I hear you on the "make or break" feeling. This is were CEO has to pull out the most talented of his lot to take of these girls has he intends to do. He really wants them to be around for a long time and Buddies also need to trust in him too. Moving too fast can really break a group. He knows this.

29 wins is proof. Buddies fighting.

Thanks for corresponding. I'm am really anticipating their comeback.

Either way I want whats best for the girls and no matter what I'll support. Fighting!!!

Hello Buddies, i m still new here...and just want to shre my opinion here...
but i really think mid or end of March will be a right time for comeback...
and for the concept , personally i wish they will not abandon their image which is innocent, but i agree that they have to mature...
a music like gone with the wind or under the sky is not that bad...
im sure they can nail that kind of music...
just a bit worryin since honestly the music n lyric is not that catchy like in navillera, MGT, or Rough...which make them a trend...but hopefully SouMu can do something for them...
Really cant wait for my girls to comeback soon..especially eunha...#love

Sent from my 2014811 using GFSquad.com mobile app

hahahaha so sad many buddies going to be crazy waiting for their comeback

Spoiler

sadly, I am one of them :BeastToss-03:

16144447_1376647265714656_780573532_n.gi
 LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

If you saw the article about their appearance in Dazed Korea, they said that they can't give any specific (story) yet. Damn, I wish I could experience a new comeback with the group I stan ASAP.

I just want to see them perf again (Comeback) no matter what kind concept they will use. Because I believing on Gfriend and Soumu, they know what they do. I miss them so much.

8N9TyIy.gifUDCeUCC.gif

sp-sg-eunha07.gif

sp-sg-eunha024.gif

Im so excited. This is going to be my first cb w them. Lowkey want a girlcrush or college like the sg.

9 minutes ago, Bunnytifull [Gaizuu] said:

I just want to see them perf again (Comeback) no matter what kind concept they will use. Because I believing on Gfriend and Soumu, they know what they do. I miss them so much.

same here huhu :BeastToss-03: 

LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

I'm trying hard to be patient but i could really do with a cb announcement soon lol

jVjP2ij.gifBiY6UKO.gif

Yerin X Gfriend

I'm excited for their comeback. Can't wait anymore

Sent from my MyPhone my82 DTV using GFSquad.com mobile app

Wonder if they will comeback in Feb or March, im like w/e about the concept as long as the song/choreo is nice

1 hour ago, meatgrind89 said:

GFriend just finished recording the chorus of their title song for their next comeback, possible mini-album release on mid-February~March

Source link

Sent from my Lenovo Z90a40 using GFSquad.com mobile app

yey COMEBACK Update! :yerin-love:

LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

Omggg im so excited!!! :umjilove:

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

Just in case

8N9TyIy.gifUDCeUCC.gif

sp-sg-eunha07.gif

sp-sg-eunha024.gif

I think 4th comeback, glass bead counts as debut so..

Sent from my 1201 using GFSquad.com mobile app

is that really a legit news? well, I know that twitter for a while; but I just dont want to send straight back to the ground after flying with happiness :D

and late feb/early match I think its good range from RV ....but how about Twice comeback? Have they announced the date?

Edited by simply_yuju

On 1/28/2017 at 7:15 PM, simply_yuju said:

is that really a legit news? well, I know that twitter for a while; but I just dont want to send straight back to the ground after flying with happiness :D

and late feb/early match I think its good range from RV ....but how about Twice comeback? Have they announced the date?

Well, the sowonderful news just pop out on my SNS when I open my phone, what a coincidence.

RV's next comeback is on February 3rd 1st, TWICE's comeback repackage release is probably in late February.

Edited by meatgrind89