yaya

official
5th Comeback Discussion Thread

188 posts in this topic

Here is the official discussion thread GFRIEND's 5th Comeback!

What do you think their concept is going to be like? When do you think they will come back? 

Post about your speculations on their comeback here!

HERE I GO, I WANNA GO

nerdysinbart sig.jpg

cr: nerdysinb

Buddies show your detective skills in finding anything related to GFRIEND comeback . GOOGOGO:BeastToss-02:

videotogif_2016.10.08_15.30.54.gif

videotogif_2016.11.19_22.08.04[1].gif

I hope they do their comeback after February because have you guys seen how many groups are doing their comebacks next month!!!

Yes.. I hope they'll comeback march or April maybe..

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using GFSquad.com mobile app

I want yuju without bang for the next comeback . Shes so pretty without bang

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GFSquad.com mobile app

21 minutes ago, larckon said:

I want yuju without bang for the next comeback . Shes so pretty without bang

yeah I want yuju without bangs too

B8uGkJ2.gifcD7phP8.gif

Thanks to EunhaCute and Asquirtle for the siggy.

Gimme a chic girl crush concept but still with their signature power innocent choreo. I don't know but these past special stages they're showing that they are capable of such concept. I still have trust for SouMu that they can pull this off. I'm sure the pressure for them is really high!

GFriend will be my last girl group...

NEW SIG2.gif

No sexy concept please >_>

Also, it'd be cool if they could continue their trend of having no foreign lyrics in their title songs (besides "Me Gustas Tu").

"이거 하나만 약속해, 변치 않기를 바랄게. 그때도 지금처럼 날 향해 웃어줘"

"Promise me this one thing, I hope you don't change. Smile at me then like you do now"

I have a feeling that yerin wanted to give out a hint in yesterday's vapp broadcast..and in 1 part umji was hiding behind her head whispering something..

i want a ballad or retro concept tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

They will definitely suit any concept but im scared that because of a new concept people won't like it as much. APinks Only One didnt get a win and i partially blame the long hiatus and slight change of concept because it wasnt that sort of cute concept they usually did...
But their popularity is increasing so they should me fine
I hope for another song like Rough or a similar concept to Navillera

Sent from my SM-G361F using GFSquad.com mobile app

23 hours ago, BlizzardKnight said:

I have a feeling that yerin wanted to give out a hint in yesterday's vapp broadcast..and in 1 part umji was hiding behind her head whispering something..

wow... so not only me notice that yerin giving a hint
and i think they will do some fantasy concept or doll concept

On 1/19/2017 at 11:48 PM, jsuarez said:

I hope they do their comeback after February because have you guys seen how many groups are doing their comebacks next month!!!

Yeah im also thinking of that. Not afraid for clashing other artist but we know what a huge fandom can do. Im excited in the comeback but if they clash for idols wiht big fandom it might cause them. We know that they base in looks not talent. 

On 1/20/2017 at 8:02 PM, Eric said:

Gimme a chic girl crush concept but still with their signature power innocent choreo. I don't know but these past special stages they're showing that they are capable of such concept. I still have trust for SouMu that they can pull this off. I'm sure the pressure for them is really high!

Yeah I agree with you. I think they can pull off a chic girl crush concept that SinB really wanted. We were already impressed by their gayo festival performance and I think they can do it :D but not so sure if SouMu will do it though.

lXhhJbF.gif

Thanks to KingofKpop for the sig and ASquirtle for the resizing :D 

Yeah im also thinking of that. Not afraid for clashing other artist but we know what a huge fandom can do. Im excited in the comeback but if they clash for idols wiht big fandom it might cause them. We know that they base in looks not talent. 

What hint did yerin gave ?

Whatever concept they go for needs to be mature somehow. They can't stick with the same image forever.

pqRPMwl.jpg

It'd be nice if it was something similar to Navillera...that techno disco-like genre. 

Hopefully no one changes appearance too drastically. 

- Yuju looks fine the way she is.

- Umji looks best with a half ponytail.

- Sowon glows as usual.

- Eunha's shorter hair makes her look fresher and younger. xD

- Yerin's current hairstyle is the only thing that bothers me....looks meh, tbh. 

- SinB needs to release her inner dancing queen out more. Hopefully Source lets her do that

FEZ4zS.gif "Fall down eight times, get up nine." 

"Вся слава Тому, Кто искупил жизнь мою"

I think, now this is just my opinion, I think that they really should  exploit the talents of Kim Jung-yoon, Oh and Choi composers of "Compas". If they really are doing a Japanese and Chinese debut.

European "future pop", electro pop house and dubstep are huge in those countries. Girl's Generation's Japanese albums were successful with that sound.I really feel that a European influence should be exploited. Using Compas as the main song for "Europe that Gfriend Loves" was the best decision for the show. with this album they've proven that they can do any genre the Gfriend way.

I also agree that taking the time produce an album will make a better album. I understand that making a comeback is a huge concern but what a lot of people may not understand is that it may be more successful when there are not too many comebacks by other artist. They've established themselves and won't be forgotten that easily.

29 first place wins in their 2 year career as idols, that's hard to forget.

I wonder what will be the next logo. Maybe this will give some idea about it

C26UxIVVIAAvHJt.jpg

Flower because it seems that all the recent updates in twitter, v-app, fan-cafe, awards show performance and Instagram are related to

flowers.

C23Z3GwUUAATDyb.jpg

C23Z4ScUsAA7K58.jpg

C23Z59eUoAA1E_U.jpg

C23Z7GxUsAI61io.jpg

C26YNgPVQAAjqFE.jpg

videotogif_2016.10.08_15.30.54.gif

videotogif_2016.11.19_22.08.04[1].gif

C25t_kiUAAAWAuO.jpg

:ph34r::ph34r:

3/13 = cb

I think, now this is just my opinion, I think that they really should  exploit the talents of Kim Jung-yoon, Oh and Choi composers of "Compas". If they really are doing a Japanese and Chinese debut.
European "future pop", electro pop house and dubstep are huge in those countries. Girl's Generation's Japanese albums were successful with that sound.I really feel that a European influence should be exploited. Using Compas as the main song for "Europe that Gfriend Loves" was the best decision for the show. with this album they've proven that they can do any genre the Gfriend way.
I also agree that taking the time produce an album will make a better album. I understand that making a comeback is a huge concern but what a lot of people may not understand is that it may be more successful when there are not too many comebacks by other artist. They've established themselves and won't be forgotten that easily.
29 first place wins in their 2 year career as idols, that's hard to forget.

You're saying the sound will be something like KARA's Step? That's something I wanna see. Haha

I don't know how everyone else feels but I thought the girls looked stunning in all black at the SMA. I would love to see a concept like that. It was classy and trendy.

As for the type of songs I'd like to see them do a track that's funky and/or R&B. Songs that you can really get down to. I also love dance tracks so I welcome anything with a fast tempo bumping sound. I can just imagine the choreography will be killer. The great thing with these genres is that they don't need to fall under the cute or sexy (or other) concept.

On 1/20/2017 at 2:02 AM, Eric said:

I can dig this concept. :)

7 minutes ago, TracerAngel said:

You're saying the sound will be something like KARA's Step? That's something I wanna see. Haha

Yes. That electro pop feel with Eunha's "sexy, sexy" wish yet still Kpop, Gfriend's way, powerful and innocent. That's what I'd like to see too. E.ONE who composed "Gone with the Wind" also composed "Cupid" for Kara. They did an awesome job with "Mr." from Kara. Even a song with that "Galaxy Supernova" feel to it too. The composers for Galaxy Supernova are a Japanese-Korean producer-song writer and some Danish composers as well. That Euro house/electro style and feel that this song has. Great, ,I'm describing a Kara/SNSD combo...but it could work. They pull of the European look very well. Especially Sowon.

With this album and their European trip they've matured a bit. It's time that their music does too, yeah.

Just my thoughts.