yaya

official
5th Comeback Discussion Thread

188 posts in this topic

I'm guessing either March or April

Yeah i gotta agree with this... March or April seems like a good time cuz they have been on "rest" kinda haha but a comeback in February seems a little too early now that i think about it :P

AsMpECj.gif   75e37ee80e.jpg

Creds to ASquirtle for the sig

Half of me is asking for March so we can see them sooner and the other half is asking for April so they can rest more :e3:

I just want a comeback right now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

March Comeback will do <3

16144447_1376647265714656_780573532_n.gi
 LOVE YOU GUYS 
HeyItsMeJOULES

april comeback is too late. i do want them to rest and have sufficient time to give us something worthwhile but at the same time if they want to stay as one of the most popular girl groups then they need to comeback before april. at least february or march.

Edited by Rex068

pqRPMwl.jpg

its dilemmatic :S

I guess we cant do anything except believing to SouMu timing :ph34r:

I think they can do some other ways even if (Just in case) they lost the timing to comeback in first half of 2017; maybe got yuju a super booming kdrama's OST project; or got eunha/yerin casted in a popular kdrama; getting a semi regular/regular member job on variety show for yerin/sinb; for examples

for now, lets pray there will be something announced in 2nd anniversary; via vlive or other social media ...

Edited by simply_yuju

Hope they make a comeback sooner than later 🏼️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2LrPYbH.gifCredit: KingOfKPop 

so recently we've gotten hints from a flowery themed cb with sowon's fancafe pic and also gfriend holding flowers in their latest vlive

tbh i hope that if they incorporate flowers in their cb, it wont be in your typical sort of cutesy fashion. concept wise I hope they can mature like with rough, not go backwards into MGT. so im with the buddies that want a change imo it's time for them to start evolving in both their concepts and sound.

i know there are buddies who are fine with their current concepts, but in order to help our fandom grow they're going to have to try something a little different because there's a lot of anticipated girl groups making their debuts and Gfriend needs something fresh or else they will lose public interest and also their fans. they've shown through the year end stages that they can pull off different concepts and the other members have also stated that they want to try something different as well. i personally dont want to see them stuck with the same image/concept for their entire career.

that being said, i hope that gfriend makes a gradual change and not pull a 180. too big of a change can also result in losing fans as well.

i put my trust in soumu that they can find that balance

pqRPMwl.jpg

I think changing their sound is quite risky especially when they already established it. I think they should do it gradually. A song that is different but still can be identified as a gfriend song. 

I can imagine them doing iu's red shoes

It has a bright melody but with sad lyrics. We can also consider this mature right? 

Oh btw,  I'm new.  Hi~

I'll just post it in here, peacer place xD

Spoiler

I'm never dreaming will be a stan of a SK girl group :ph34r: and being a GFriend lover this 5-6 months make me realize and teach me/remind me to many things :eunhaadore::$

In this world there are millions people with millions different thoughts; different backgrounds, different character; different music preferences; etc etc :/ its almost impossible to them to agree (and/or to satisfy) in one term/condition. This apply to those f*ck*ng haters and even to us, fans too ;)

So just lets just take it easy buddies :x and try to love what the girls (and SouMu) decide to do.

I guess SouMu have their ear too in the fancafe and in the international fans. They maybe already know how important this comeback; what fans wanted and how to accommodate that to their long term plan and to SK music industry tendency. We are just supporters and viewers from far space; we wont know what's best for our girls, isnt it? Well, even SouMu wont know what's best, kpop industry trend/tendency is unpredictable and can be ridiculous.

And I think whatever concept they'll get, as long as their comeback success (and/or the song is awesome) everybuddy (mostly) will be pleased xD  So let's just stay positive and try to love them unconditionally :x

Edited by simply_yuju

Hye buddies

I wanna share my opinion regarding their comeback which still a mystery right now hihii. So, as we saw their performance on Golden Disk this year, what I personally saw was Umji's have a new hairstyle. Remember last year golden disk? She also showed new hairstyle then Gfriend comeback couple of weeks later. On ISAC recording yesterday, she maintain that hairstyle, really cute right buddies heee..

Waiting patiently for their comeback

I agee! Maybe she's giving out some clues for their next concept. The ponytail really suits her and adds to her cuteness :umji:

GFriend will be my last girl group...

NEW SIG2.gif

really really anticipting concept that they gonna bring this time

I read past history from OH-thread xD and notice SouMu always somehow dragging the comeback date ...

IMO maybe they wont comeback next month ... (but lets see, I'll be glad if i wrong xD ) Plus February - March seems to be packed with scary comebacks ...

My bet is late march/early april ...

Or maybe SouMu have a magic trick in the sleeve to defending GFriend stature without comeback in 2017 1st half... We never know ...

and do you remember, fellow buddies, when SinB said about "she as main vocal"  (on eunha- yuju vj live)xD maybe there will be a slow/medium ballads title song/B-side with sinB in chorus ;)

(because I dont think SouMu will put sinB as main chorus in powerful choreo xD she will be distracted in dancing/singing.; but in slow/medium song her vocal color will shine)

Edited by simply_yuju

I don't know but I think they would bring some fantasy concept in their comeback..

In GDA, the intro they used Hedwig theme, and they're wore dress which look like Dorothy..

It's just my opinion, I still anticipate any concept that they would bring..

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using GFSquad.com mobile app

Any concept for me is fine but sexy concept. I dont prefer sexy concept for them. Our baby GFRIEND is innocent baby, I dont see they suit with that concept.

I really cant wait for their comeback

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using GFSquad.com mobile app

as long as they maintain their powerful innocent

Buddies being patient in waiting. Lets not forget the surprise effect to all and also a bit pressure cause they won lots of awards with just 2 songs in a year. So they might be thinking very hard to release songs that can accomplish more. They can do anything. HAHA. They make impossible things possible. 

46 minutes ago, FebBuddy said:

Buddies being patient in waiting. Lets not forget the surprise effect to all and also a bit pressure cause they won lots of awards with just 2 songs in a year. So they might be thinking very hard to release songs that can accomplish more. They can do anything. HAHA. They make impossible things possible. 

So true! What can GFRIEND not do? :Sowon-hue3:

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

Especially Yuju! She can do almost everything! HAHA. And they are friends to other idols. Cant believe they are destroying any fan wars those haters want to start. HAHA. GFRIEND/TWICE/IOI/MAMAMOO/REDVELVET and many more. Ships are sailing everywhere!!

Any concept for me is fine but sexy concept. I dont prefer sexy concept for them. Our baby GFRIEND is innocent baby, I dont see they suit with that concept.

I really cant wait for their comeback

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using GFSquad.com mobile app

Yes.. I agree with you..

2017 is gonna be filled with comebacks from all artists from veteran to rookies. SouMu will have to be strategic in planning a comeback. Navillera did well because there wasn't much competition at the time...especially from hot groups. We got lucky but I still believe we would've done well regardless of who was the competition.

They're gonna have to recharge and rest up before another long drag of promotion and appearances. Lord knows they can only handle so much. 

Umji looked amazing at the New Year's Eve performance with that black skirt and half-ponytail. I love it when she has that hair style. She doesn't do it often but when she does, it's blessing. 

Yuju's ponytail though......I just wanna pull it

FEZ4zS.gif "Fall down eight times, get up nine." 

"Вся слава Тому, Кто искупил жизнь мою"

at year end award shows, don't they usually try and hint at comebacks with their outfits? tbh i think the comeback is still weeks and weeks away but i think they have a concept in mind. from their recent performances in award shows (and gayo performances), i think they're going for a fairy tale-like concept maybe??? they wore an Oz inspired outfit and most of the stage clothes they wear were pretty flowy and give off that 'fairy tale' look imo. but then there are also those flowers possibly hinting at something, but i guess we don't really know huh. and those stage clothes could just be one-time things.

honestly any concept is fine (except sexy bc these kids aren't ready at all for a sexy concept lol) as long as they keep giving us great bops but i just hope they choose the right time bc i can already feel that this year's gonna be packed with competition. hope they'll do well again this year:u1:

at year end award shows, don't they usually try and hint at comebacks with their outfits? tbh i think the comeback is still weeks and weeks away but i think they have a concept in mind. from their recent performances in award shows (and gayo performances), i think they're going for a fairy tale-like concept maybe??? they wore an Oz inspired outfit and most of the stage clothes they wear were pretty flowy and give off that 'fairy tale' look imo. but then there are also those flowers possibly hinting at something, but i guess we don't really know huh. and those stage clothes could just be one-time things.
honestly any concept is fine (except sexy bc these kids aren't ready at all for a sexy concept lol) as long as they keep giving us great bops but i just hope they choose the right time bc i can already feel that this year's gonna be packed with competition. hope they'll do well again this year:u1:

I think the same with you... I think they'll bring some fairytale concept maybe..
oh my gosh.. I can't wait any longer...

I hope they do their comeback after February because have you guys seen how many groups are doing their comebacks next month!!!