yaya

official
5th Comeback Discussion Thread

188 posts in this topic

I think I'm of the unpopular opinion here, but I would really still like them to maintain this clean, innocent image with powerful cheorography that they have now, instead of going down the more sexy/badass route. It would really make them just 'one of the rest' that the other girl groups are doing. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, powerful dance is a must :) That's their image..For concept, I don't really care but it will be better if they will try other than innocent. If they want to attract many fans, I guess changing concept is the best way since they already strengthen their fanbase in Korea

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TracerAngel said:

I think I'm of the unpopular opinion here, but I would really still like them to maintain this clean, innocent image with powerful cheorography that they have now, instead of going down the more sexy/badass route. It would really make them just 'one of the rest' that the other girl groups are doing. 

Just see what the agency will do.... Just hope the agency not knock us our mindset

0

Quote

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it will be a hit!!!

hurry to be in 2017

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't want them to play it safe again, but badass or sexy (i personally wouldn't ever want a sexy concept from them) is too risky.

2

wKsq1P5.gif rV83Npq.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they should move towards a mature sound and concept? Maybe drop the innoncence from the powerful innocene look and go on from there.

Keep their unique dances and perfect synch with either more diverse topics for songs other than love or more explcit (?) lyrics for their song. Not in a sexual way but a more mature way of expressing their feelings without the typical sweet blushing lyrics they've done so far.

I think they may risk a few sexy dance moves in their comeback regardless of the concept due to everyone being of age to test the waters with fans, gauge reaction for potential future sexy concepts.

2

nwwagZG.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk, the CEO said they'll never do an outright sexy concept. Of course i think they should mature, but i also feel like one of the unpopular ones who likes the powerful innocent concept they have rn xD

i'd like more ~~~dramatic~~~ concepts like with rough thooo :D:D

 

Edited by sowonnie
2

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sowonnie said:

Idk, the CEO said they'll never do an outright sexy concept. Of course i think they should mature, but i also feel like one of the unpopular ones who likes the powerful innocent concept they have rn xD

i'd like more ~~~dramatic~~~ concepts like with rough thooo :D:D

 

yeah, dance ballads like rough will be good xD but I hope that wont make haters said it is rough v.2

g.beads ==> optimistic tone

mgt ==> heart fluttering

rough ==> wistful, melancholic tone

navillera ==> heart fluttering lyrics with retro tune/style

I think its time to be a little negative/ sad tone again xD

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2016 at 11:59 PM, TaylorRif said:

Well, powerful dance is a must :) That's their image..For concept, I don't really care but it will be better if they will try other than innocent. If they want to attract many fans, I guess changing concept is the best way since they already strengthen their fanbase in Korea

Well, true. But I feel like they're having this little area of innocence in where they really excel and so therefore, to drop the thing that makes them stand out would be a pity. But of course, that's just how I personally like them. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, and about concept .... I think everyone must see this from a little bigger picture ...

Until now SouMu and GFriend paved their way to top 4/5 of girl group in Korea with smart way : they create a "new" music (back to early 2000/2010's) , a "new" dance (a beautiful; theater stage worthy; big movements dance), and a "new" concept (power innocent), with a "new" group personality (honest, imperfect, hard-working, friend-like, growing with you - idol ) . With this way they battle in their own way and refuse to go in a frontal battle with big companies.

... and what will happen if they decide to change concept or try something that already tried by hundreds girl group out there ? They will be in frontal + bloody full battle. It will be very hard fight and there will be casualties. I think the fact that SouMu decided not to release new stuff in January proves that SouMu understand this : they still cant ensure anything and we must keep our head down.

And those "all-same-song-every-comeback stuff" is quite strange to me.

yes, I cant argue that all their title tracks have a similarity; but the song tone, the feel, the dance aura, they are different. I think k-scene are now just too full of that western-styled music; they forget the basic of k-pop in the 90's/00's/2010's so every 1st generation style song can be heard as a same song xD Being edgy and try new stuffs is good, but I think sometimes its nice to stay in your root and use your language like GFriend style. Imagine if GFriend and everyone decide to abandon this , maybe 10-15 years from now we cant differentiate KPop with standard american music ....

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2016 at 11:45 PM, simply_yuju said:

oh, and about concept .... I think everyone must see this from a little bigger picture ...

Until now SouMu and GFriend paved their way to top 4/5 of girl group in Korea with smart way : they create a "new" music (back to early 2000/2010's) , a "new" dance (a beautiful; theater stage worthy; big movements dance), and a "new" concept (power innocent), with a "new" group personality (honest, imperfect, hard-working, friend-like, growing with you - idol ) . With this way they battle in their own way and refuse to go in a frontal battle with big companies.

... and what will happen if they decide to change concept or try something that already tried by hundreds girl group out there ? They will be in frontal + bloody full battle. It will be very hard fight and there will be casualties. I think the fact that SouMu decided not to release new stuff in January proves that SouMu understand this : they still cant ensure anything and we must keep our head down.

And those "all-same-song-every-comeback stuff" is quite strange to me.

yes, I cant argue that all their title tracks have a similarity; but the song tone, the feel, the dance aura, they are different. I think k-scene are now just too full of that western-styled music; they forget the basic of k-pop in the 90's/00's/2010's so every 1st generation style song can be heard as a same song xD Being edgy and try new stuffs is good, but I think sometimes its nice to stay in your root and use your language like GFriend style. Imagine if GFriend and everyone decide to abandon this , maybe 10-15 years from now we cant differentiate KPop with standard american music ....

Many people asking them to change the concepts are international kpop fans who are not even fans of GFriend. No koreans have talked about GFriend's songs sounding the same and I can't hear what they're hearing unless they think the guitar breaks in their songs are the same which they are not. Look at what happened when Sistar and Apink tried to change. It didn't live up to expectations.

1

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The powerful innocent concept of Glass Bead made me interested in gfriend since at the time only a few had a style like that. I loved the retro-ish concept they tried in Navillera. Personally I would like a Girl Crush concept ( although everything they do feels like a girl crush to me lol) that shows a more mature side while keeping their own color. Oh and more spotlight for Sowon and Umji 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think currently our CEO and his team are busy thinking hard about how they will continue this GFriend project xD

after a mega-success 2016 they will need to re-adjusting the goal of GFriend and re-planning the future. What will be their last goal, longevityFriend or worlddominatingFriend (or maybe SouMu can find the way we can see both  :sowon-wow:? ) xD I guess next step will be crucial for them (and for us, buddy ;) ).  So pls calm down and waiting for their next move :) lets trust him, he already have handled SNSD, f(x), and shinhwa in the past and has some dark connections in the background :ph34r:

Edited by simply_yuju
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmmmmm...They Should give more spotlight to Sowon and Umji Actually. Source Music's Should only give one version of album (my personal opinion). Same concept so NO SEXY CONCEPT. At least the girls should win more then 29 Trophies this year. And they (SouMu) Should let the girls rest because I can see that they are getting tired once in a while without showing it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we all miss Gfriend performing on music programs. I miss thier mew music, outfits and music videos. When do you think are they going to comeback?:yerincry:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay tuned started to Feb till.. :yerin-love:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

February. A fun song with a great choreography. :yerin-love:

0

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really care about concept and song because i trust in SouMu

I want they slayed me with coreography and Sowon or Umji spotlight

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping for a March comeback, will be in Korea then :P

2

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GFriendLover said:

Hmmmmmmm...They Should give more spotlight to Sowon and Umji Actually. Source Music's Should only give one version of album (my personal opinion). Same concept so NO SEXY CONCEPT. At least the girls should win more then 29 Trophies this year. And they (SouMu) Should let the girls rest because I can see that they are getting tired once in a while without showing it. 

you want they win at least more than 29 trophy but in the same time you want them to rest too :/ 

pls be grateful and down to earth, dear fellow buddies xD not every year we will get 20++ wins, they are from Source Music, not JYP and this is K-Pop, not Football Manager xD

 

Edited by simply_yuju
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in this rate we must prepare our heart in case we just have 1 comeback full album this year :( maybe in april/may/june/july

Edited by simply_yuju
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in the mid of year. Because in january, the schedule is still full. Well, at least, their schedule is not really full like last year.

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

0

Quote

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was thinking like mid February... but i think it will be later than that

1

AsMpECj.gif   75e37ee80e.jpg

Creds to ASquirtle for the sig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably March I hope!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing either March or April

2

SinB is a sly pepe that's why i love her

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now