yaya

official
5th Comeback Discussion Thread

188 posts in this topic

I think I'm of the unpopular opinion here, but I would really still like them to maintain this clean, innocent image with powerful cheorography that they have now, instead of going down the more sexy/badass route. It would really make them just 'one of the rest' that the other girl groups are doing. 

Well, powerful dance is a must :) That's their image..For concept, I don't really care but it will be better if they will try other than innocent. If they want to attract many fans, I guess changing concept is the best way since they already strengthen their fanbase in Korea

1 hour ago, TracerAngel said:

I think I'm of the unpopular opinion here, but I would really still like them to maintain this clean, innocent image with powerful cheorography that they have now, instead of going down the more sexy/badass route. It would really make them just 'one of the rest' that the other girl groups are doing. 

Just see what the agency will do.... Just hope the agency not knock us our mindset

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

it will be a hit!!!

hurry to be in 2017

i don't want them to play it safe again, but badass or sexy (i personally wouldn't ever want a sexy concept from them) is too risky.

wKsq1P5.gif rV83Npq.gif

I think they should move towards a mature sound and concept? Maybe drop the innoncence from the powerful innocene look and go on from there.

Keep their unique dances and perfect synch with either more diverse topics for songs other than love or more explcit (?) lyrics for their song. Not in a sexual way but a more mature way of expressing their feelings without the typical sweet blushing lyrics they've done so far.

I think they may risk a few sexy dance moves in their comeback regardless of the concept due to everyone being of age to test the waters with fans, gauge reaction for potential future sexy concepts.

nwwagZG.gif

Idk, the CEO said they'll never do an outright sexy concept. Of course i think they should mature, but i also feel like one of the unpopular ones who likes the powerful innocent concept they have rn xD

i'd like more ~~~dramatic~~~ concepts like with rough thooo :D:D

Edited by sowonnie

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

11 minutes ago, sowonnie said:

Idk, the CEO said they'll never do an outright sexy concept. Of course i think they should mature, but i also feel like one of the unpopular ones who likes the powerful innocent concept they have rn xD

i'd like more ~~~dramatic~~~ concepts like with rough thooo :D:D

yeah, dance ballads like rough will be good xD but I hope that wont make haters said it is rough v.2

g.beads ==> optimistic tone

mgt ==> heart fluttering

rough ==> wistful, melancholic tone

navillera ==> heart fluttering lyrics with retro tune/style

I think its time to be a little negative/ sad tone again xD

On 12/19/2016 at 11:59 PM, TaylorRif said:

Well, powerful dance is a must :) That's their image..For concept, I don't really care but it will be better if they will try other than innocent. If they want to attract many fans, I guess changing concept is the best way since they already strengthen their fanbase in Korea

Well, true. But I feel like they're having this little area of innocence in where they really excel and so therefore, to drop the thing that makes them stand out would be a pity. But of course, that's just how I personally like them. 

oh, and about concept .... I think everyone must see this from a little bigger picture ...

Until now SouMu and GFriend paved their way to top 4/5 of girl group in Korea with smart way : they create a "new" music (back to early 2000/2010's) , a "new" dance (a beautiful; theater stage worthy; big movements dance), and a "new" concept (power innocent), with a "new" group personality (honest, imperfect, hard-working, friend-like, growing with you - idol ) . With this way they battle in their own way and refuse to go in a frontal battle with big companies.

... and what will happen if they decide to change concept or try something that already tried by hundreds girl group out there ? They will be in frontal + bloody full battle. It will be very hard fight and there will be casualties. I think the fact that SouMu decided not to release new stuff in January proves that SouMu understand this : they still cant ensure anything and we must keep our head down.

And those "all-same-song-every-comeback stuff" is quite strange to me.

yes, I cant argue that all their title tracks have a similarity; but the song tone, the feel, the dance aura, they are different. I think k-scene are now just too full of that western-styled music; they forget the basic of k-pop in the 90's/00's/2010's so every 1st generation style song can be heard as a same song xD Being edgy and try new stuffs is good, but I think sometimes its nice to stay in your root and use your language like GFriend style. Imagine if GFriend and everyone decide to abandon this , maybe 10-15 years from now we cant differentiate KPop with standard american music ....

On 12/23/2016 at 11:45 PM, simply_yuju said:

oh, and about concept .... I think everyone must see this from a little bigger picture ...

Until now SouMu and GFriend paved their way to top 4/5 of girl group in Korea with smart way : they create a "new" music (back to early 2000/2010's) , a "new" dance (a beautiful; theater stage worthy; big movements dance), and a "new" concept (power innocent), with a "new" group personality (honest, imperfect, hard-working, friend-like, growing with you - idol ) . With this way they battle in their own way and refuse to go in a frontal battle with big companies.

... and what will happen if they decide to change concept or try something that already tried by hundreds girl group out there ? They will be in frontal + bloody full battle. It will be very hard fight and there will be casualties. I think the fact that SouMu decided not to release new stuff in January proves that SouMu understand this : they still cant ensure anything and we must keep our head down.

And those "all-same-song-every-comeback stuff" is quite strange to me.

yes, I cant argue that all their title tracks have a similarity; but the song tone, the feel, the dance aura, they are different. I think k-scene are now just too full of that western-styled music; they forget the basic of k-pop in the 90's/00's/2010's so every 1st generation style song can be heard as a same song xD Being edgy and try new stuffs is good, but I think sometimes its nice to stay in your root and use your language like GFriend style. Imagine if GFriend and everyone decide to abandon this , maybe 10-15 years from now we cant differentiate KPop with standard american music ....

Many people asking them to change the concepts are international kpop fans who are not even fans of GFriend. No koreans have talked about GFriend's songs sounding the same and I can't hear what they're hearing unless they think the guitar breaks in their songs are the same which they are not. Look at what happened when Sistar and Apink tried to change. It didn't live up to expectations.

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

The powerful innocent concept of Glass Bead made me interested in gfriend since at the time only a few had a style like that. I loved the retro-ish concept they tried in Navillera. Personally I would like a Girl Crush concept ( although everything they do feels like a girl crush to me lol) that shows a more mature side while keeping their own color. Oh and more spotlight for Sowon and Umji 

I think currently our CEO and his team are busy thinking hard about how they will continue this GFriend project xD

after a mega-success 2016 they will need to re-adjusting the goal of GFriend and re-planning the future. What will be their last goal, longevityFriend or worlddominatingFriend (or maybe SouMu can find the way we can see both  :sowon-wow:? ) xD I guess next step will be crucial for them (and for us, buddy ;) ).  So pls calm down and waiting for their next move :) lets trust him, he already have handled SNSD, f(x), and shinhwa in the past and has some dark connections in the background :ph34r:

Edited by simply_yuju

Hmmmmmmm...They Should give more spotlight to Sowon and Umji Actually. Source Music's Should only give one version of album (my personal opinion). Same concept so NO SEXY CONCEPT. At least the girls should win more then 29 Trophies this year. And they (SouMu) Should let the girls rest because I can see that they are getting tired once in a while without showing it. 

I know we all miss Gfriend performing on music programs. I miss thier mew music, outfits and music videos. When do you think are they going to comeback?:yerincry:

Stay tuned started to Feb till.. :yerin-love:

February. A fun song with a great choreography. :yerin-love:

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

I don't really care about concept and song because i trust in SouMu

I want they slayed me with coreography and Sowon or Umji spotlight

Hoping for a March comeback, will be in Korea then :P

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

3 hours ago, GFriendLover said:

Hmmmmmmm...They Should give more spotlight to Sowon and Umji Actually. Source Music's Should only give one version of album (my personal opinion). Same concept so NO SEXY CONCEPT. At least the girls should win more then 29 Trophies this year. And they (SouMu) Should let the girls rest because I can see that they are getting tired once in a while without showing it. 

you want they win at least more than 29 trophy but in the same time you want them to rest too :/ 

pls be grateful and down to earth, dear fellow buddies xD not every year we will get 20++ wins, they are from Source Music, not JYP and this is K-Pop, not Football Manager xD

Edited by simply_yuju

I think in this rate we must prepare our heart in case we just have 1 comeback full album this year :( maybe in april/may/june/july

Edited by simply_yuju

I think in the mid of year. Because in january, the schedule is still full. Well, at least, their schedule is not really full like last year.

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

Was thinking like mid February... but i think it will be later than that

AsMpECj.gif   75e37ee80e.jpg

Creds to ASquirtle for the sig

Probably March I hope!!

I'm guessing either March or April

SinB is a sly pepe that's why i love her

t5m6ts.gif2cy3dcm.gif