yaya

official
5th Comeback Discussion Thread

188 posts in this topic

I really hope,they can win 15 or even more trophies for their next comeback! ☺☺☺

I still want a powerful concept but slowly dropping off the innocence

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

I hope :

-slightly concept change, but not that much music-wise

-the choreo will be smartly created, still complex but not too exhausting

-umji or sowon got the spotlight

I hope they can have different concept (best song for next year for song of the year, hope they can get next year)  , sowon and umji get a little bit more lines (Hope sowon will rap, but I know it won't happen :( )  and of course win more than 15 trophies 

qUOdEer.jpg 

Proud to be a buddy. Gfriend & buddies will forever stay and work hard together  

#MoreLinesForSowon. lol

well, kpop world is unpredictable, with all their achievements and awards in 2016 we cant 100% sure they will slay 20++ wins again next year ^_^

we cant count chicks before they're hatched; but one thing I'm sure SouMu and the girls will do the best :support:

about the style, I hope they slowly maturing their song and lyrics too (in term of theme and voice, not about sexiness) ...In 2 years ahead I hope they wont produce songs like Click again  xD

and its nice if they start encourage the girls to writing the song, lyrics, or even create their own choreo ... I think our girls have that potential

I hope their still doing their inoccent themes and adding with some hip hop and rap.. I sure it will be good

I'm hoping for a little more mature sound too. With this European experience, I hope that it'll be incorporated their new concept, whatever that may be.

I do hope that Sowon and Umji get more parts. Umji's "The Way" shows that she has a lot to give...way beyond what they've recorded so far.

i hope umji sowon got spotlight :( i want to hear sowon rap xD

I want to see a title track with a new producer next time. With a new producer a new concept will come more naturally I think :) 

I don't think they'll have a comeback soon anyway, so they'll have plenty of time to work on it. I also doubt that they'll change their concept too much at the current stage because they've still got a Japanese debut and possibly a Chinese one too, if rumours prove to be true. So if they change concept too much it'll be a little strange for both the group and their overseas fans that they are promoting their previous innocent concept there whilst promoting a different one in SK. Small steps seem to be the way to go as of now in my opinion :3

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

I hope soundwise they go towards the way of 'say my name' at least for a few songs! RnB babyyyyy

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

3 hours ago, Hana said:

I want to see a title track with a new producer next time. With a new producer a new concept will come more naturally I think :) 

I don't think they'll have a comeback soon anyway, so they'll have plenty of time to work on it. I also doubt that they'll change their concept too much at the current stage because they've still got a Japanese debut and possibly a Chinese one too, if rumours prove to be true. So if they change concept too much it'll be a little strange for both the group and their overseas fans that they are promoting their previous innocent concept there whilst promoting a different one in SK. Small steps seem to be the way to go as of now in my opinion :3

What does mean Japanese debut and Chinese??  I still cat understand 

anyone think the time between navillera and their next comeback is too long?

I really wanted them to stay with powerful innocent lol

3 hours ago, Ainaa said:

What does mean Japanese debut and Chinese??  I still cat understand 

It means when they release a single/album in Japan or China. ^_^ 

aka, a Japanese/Chinese song! So instead of singing in Korean, singing in Japanese or Chinese!

rUfMuFW.pngsowonnie-s_zpsmw8tfy3j.png&key=9c70ae46f

♡ rest in peace ♡

Just now, sowonnie said:

It means when they release a single/album in Japan or China. ^_^ 

aka, a Japanese/Chinese song! So instead of singing in Korean, singing in Japanese or Chinese!

idk if Gfriend would sound good in Chinese but Japanese they could sound good there supposed to Debut in Japan at some point

2 hours ago, largegustas said:

anyone think the time between navillera and their next comeback is too long?

no; in 2015 and 2016 they have pattern January - July too for Glass Bead, MGT, Rough, and navillera  :)

next comeback I hope will be end of January again or at least February. Lets wait till end of year, I hope before 2016 end they will announce something ... IF... IF they arent announcing anything before 31 Dec I think there are some change in the plan xD

Edited by simply_yuju

I just accept about any concept. I think it will be fine if they change or stay with sone concept. Maybe i just need surprise for next year. 

Spark is You... Gfriend

tumblr_o67p6vCKwZ1uh9bkjo3_400.giftumblr_oajcksCVFE1vuwg39o1_400.gif

january will be comebacks for girls days; SES; AoA; WJSN; and hello venus ... I think GF can do good but S.E.S are the x factor ... We cant predict kpop lovers behaviour to legend idol like them ... SES can hit hard in chart. Maybe SouMu still searching for good timing in early 2017

;););)

Edited by simply_yuju

2 hours ago, simply_yuju said:

january will be comebacks for girls days; SES; AoA; WJSN; and hello venus ... I think GF can do good but S.E.S are the x factor ... We cant predict kpop lovers behaviour to legend idol like them ... SES can hit hard in chart. Maybe SouMu still searching for good timing in early 2017

;););)

Im sorry but what???? S.E.S is coming back?????

JnGGqED.gif

0Ea9a.png0EGiQ.png

Credits to ASquirtle & Hana for sigs! ^^

Twitter

I don't think they'll comeback early next year... I know it's been their pattern for a while but it's very tiring, especially if you want to keep providing quality comebacks. With all the issues this end of year I doubt SouMu will push for another comeback so soon as well. Anyway, I'm personally expecting only one comeback next year. Maybe around mid-2017 :) (but that's just my opinion...)

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

Yeah. SES is coming back. I'm sure they'll be popular but I wonder if they'll draw fans like Sechs Kies's comeback. Finding the right timing to come back is going to be tough.

Hmm... what kind of song would I like to see? I love Iggy and Youngbae but maybe a new producer? Zigzag Note has made really good songs for GFriend in a previous album (Neverland). E.ONE is another producer that has created song for GFriend that I love (Gone with the Wind, Luv Star). A producer with an outside chance would be Hong Beom-gyu and Kim Woong (Under the Sky, Fall in Love). Fall in Love is one of my favourite B sides by GFriend. I'd love to hear a song like that as a single.

If it's another Iggy and Youngbae song, I'm perfectly fine with that. Their instrumentals are nice and diverse.

Edited by BeastToss

jCwTQ3U.gif

Sowon rap or riot!

I don't care even if it's just b-track

COsDBpd.gifAR5jPd6.gif

credit to ASquirtle and KingofKpop :3

6 hours ago, Hana said:

I don't think they'll comeback early next year... I know it's been their pattern for a while but it's very tiring, especially if you want to keep providing quality comebacks. With all the issues this end of year I doubt SouMu will push for another comeback so soon as well. Anyway, I'm personally expecting only one comeback next year. Maybe around mid-2017 :) (but that's just my opinion...)

actually its a risky and hard decision ... One comeback means they can lose this momentum and that comeback is a must succeed comeback. Two comebacks is risky and tiring but it can provide more safe net. As I said in another thread, they are not SM/JYP/FNC/YG kids who can feel safe after 3 success EP/albums. GF need at least another 2 success comebacks to be in the safe zone.

But yeah, its hard to argue that the pattern is exhausting :(  I agree that the girls need some time for themself, some time to improve their skill, another time for socializing like usual young girls, and much time to rest.

if Soumu decide just make 1 comeback in april/may/june/july they should use some methods smartly to not let korean forget about GFriend when they on the short hiatus.

Two comebacks next year, being that young, is necessary.  And yes, they need a lot of rest. Having a comeback just a little bit behind may give them that time, polish up their musical abilities and a hopefully have a more mature sound. Having Seo Yong-bae and Iggy writing all four songs was definitely a smart move but "LOL" also proved that they can do other styles too. The GFriend way. "Gone with the Wind", the sub-song. "Compas", the theme song for "Europe that Gfriend Loves". This album is loaded with diversity. SouMu should explore that too. Be different. Their powerful innocence, as we know, sets them apart from everyone else. Throw in some hip hop and girl crush done with their powerful and innocent style, who knows...hat could work. Maybe making a comeback right after everyone else could be a good idea. It is a music business after all. Just my thoughts...