kpopasiawroldwide

Should Gfriend Debut In Japan

20 posts in this topic

hey guys i was wondering what you guys think should Gfriend debut in Japan or not i'll be replying to you comments on this topic and i can't wait to see what you guys think

I want at least 2 Korean comebacks before they debut in Japan and they shouldn't stay long in Japan.

5ibEtdd.gifH027EVu.gif

I think they will be popular when they debut in japan, but I want them to focus on South Korea.

*Entertaining Buddies and Spreading the Gfriend Love*

2 hours ago, fadelalif14 said:

According to AKP: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/g-friend-reveal-plans-to-debut-in-japan-and-china-this-year 

Soumu planned to Japan/China debut end of 2016. Maybe they need more preparation. Possibilities for this year

im not sure about A GFriend Chinese debut

2 hours ago, singermelodie1 said:

I want at least 2 Korean comebacks before they debut in Japan and they shouldn't stay long in Japan.

i agree with you on this

40 minutes ago, Buddy~ said:

I think they will be popular when they debut in japan, but I want them to focus on South Korea.

i agree they would be popular in japan

1 hour ago, Buddy~ said:

Agreed. I want them to focus on South Korea too.

0kGGPDY.gif S609ofY.gif 
Cr: KingofKpop for Siggy 
Cr: Yedding for Fanart   

I'd rather them solidify themselves as a top Girl Group in south korea for a full year or two before experimenting in Japan or China. Not saying they wouldn't be successful cause I think they will be but popularity in South Korea is what matters most. It's too early to be doing that imo.

jVjP2ij.gifBiY6UKO.gif

Yerin X Gfriend

hallyu wave is not as strong anymore as when SNSD - SuJu rising ^_^ if GFriend rose in 2009/2010/2011, I think they can expand their wing as fast as possible abroad, but not now.

so IMO GFriend should not rushing to Japan/China. Yeah, Japan/China market are huge and attempting but they must solidify the love of k-buddies first. (and learn how to produce and sell hardcopy xD )

Edited by simply_yuju

i'd say they should focus on promotions in south korea for now. 

Not a fan of this Japanese debut. They really MUST first establish their name and gain a solid fanbase in Korea before targeting any foreign market. There are some groups that promoted in Japan early in their careers, did fairly well but when they came back to Korea they were forgotten and now having a hard time promoting in their own mother land. I'm scared that this might happen to GFriend too.. I hope SouMu will not be trigger happy about the career of the girls.

GFriend will be my last girl group...

NEW SIG2.gif

4 hours ago, 9yorgos said:

I'd rather them solidify themselves as a top Girl Group in south korea for a full year or two before experimenting in Japan or China. Not saying they wouldn't be successful cause I think they will be but popularity in South Korea is what matters most. It's too early to be doing that imo.

this is exactly my opinion.

and from what I've read, when groups start promotions in Japan or China, they stay there too long and I think GFriend needs to focus on SK right now, because all the top groups want to stay on top. the year just started and there is so many debuts already, so the safe thing to do is to focus in SK first.

Well, I Think that they should have done their 2nd comeback first before having their Japan Debute :gfriend:

I think its too early for them to debut in japan/china..they should more fokus in south korea first..no matter how biggest their foreigner fans now,the most important is korea fans..

I think if they start Japan debute, they'll be accepted in Japan.. because their songs is really anime-is and they love anime too (like Pokémon, digimon, etc)
Maybe their song could be ost other anime movie...
But, they need to focus in Korea fans first..

As you know, GFriend more known for their song than who they are.
So, this year they should be more hard working to show off they self to non-kpop and kpop fans in Korea..

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using GFSquad.com mobile app

I've actually envisioned them debuting in Japan before. I feel like they would do really well because of their concepts and the style of the music. However, as most of the Buddies here have pointed out, they should really focus on South Korea first. I think this year would be a pretty competitive year for girl groups to stay on top, with TWICE and Red Velvet making a comeback soon, GFriend need to be solid in South Korea first before moving on to a foreign market. 

knIKYSW.jpg

They need to solidify their fanbase in Korea first. The competition in SK is very tight right now with other girlbands like RV, Twice, Mamamoo, BP, WJSN, OMG, etc. gaining a lot of momentum. If they go to Japan, I think they'll lose their popularity even if just a bit. K-fans have shown to be very willing to jump boats so they better stay put in SK. They're Kpop not Jpop. They need to individually promote the members more, too. And they need to think about appealing more to intl-fans since they lack intl fans outside of SEA and Asia from what I've seen (hence less gf memes :(). They'll be pretty popular in Japan though. A friend of mine who's a Jpop fan seems to like their songs a lot. And think about all the animes they can OST omg So Sungjin gonna be rollin on those ¥¥¥

All of the opinions above me is exaCtly just what i think about...
Right now based on fandom,they have the 6th largest fandom...but themselves is not that well known by SK yet...
In my opinion, after this comeback..Soumu should strt to put them more in variety show...
after all that is one of the best way to solidify and get more fan...
slowly but sure...not just keep attending event...well its not a bad thing..but i would like them to appear much more in tv..

Debut in Japan will definitely be a success later..just dont push the schedule too much ahead...
Fighting Gfriend..

Sent from my Lenovo Z90a40 using GFSquad.com mobile app

I mean when they had their fan meeting there there was a large number of fans so yeah they should but for now they should have their album they are working on

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

All of the opinions above me is exaCtly just what i think about...
Right now based on fandom,they have the 6th largest fandom...but themselves is not that well known by SK yet...
In my opinion, after this comeback..Soumu should strt to put them more in variety show...
after all that is one of the best way to solidify and get more fan...
slowly but sure...not just keep attending event...well its not a bad thing..but i would like them to appear much more in tv..

Debut in Japan will definitely be a success later..just dont push the schedule too much ahead...
Fighting Gfriend..

Sent from my Lenovo Z90a40 using GFSquad.com mobile app

I know right Gfriend has a lot of their own reality shows but they don't attend much variety shows

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

I was going to write an essay on how they should focus on Korea first, but looks like everyone has already beaten me to it lmao

So basically, I second what everyone is saying here.

pqRPMwl.jpg