singermelodie1

How many languages do you speak?

76 posts in this topic

i can speak english and malay fluently

Indonesia ,english.
Japan and korea but just a little bit.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using GFSquad.com mobile app

English is my native language, but I speak German and Chinese (fluently) and French (pretty well)

Started learning Korean about a week ago, hopefully my Gfriend fandom will carry me through!

I'm Bilingual too. Malay is my mother tongue and English is my second language. But I'm also learning Arabic and Korean at the same time!

Buddies The Best

On 7/6/2017 at 9:18 AM, 천사보컬 said:

Fluent Korean and English and learned French throughout high school. I'm probably going to further my French on my free time.

Can you translate love whisper :BeastToss-32:or a Gfriend video 

Image result for gfriend sinb gif

resize output image

5 hours ago, SamZell2 said:

English is my native language, but I speak German and Chinese (fluently) and French (pretty well)

Started learning Korean about a week ago, hopefully my Gfriend fandom will carry me through!

SENPAI   wait wrong language

but still, all those languages -- I'm jealous *^* 

I've posted here before, but I speak English & Chinese. Currently learning German for fun at uni (needed to take a general paper) and considering learning Korean (all I know is hangul lmao). And if I really want stretch the similarities with you, I took French for a term in high school when I was 13 LMAO (I don't know anything now though, hah). 

Anyway, it's so awesome to know that you know so many languages and still learning another :0 How did you learn all of them?? :o 

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Hana said:

I've posted here before, but I speak English & Chinese. Currently learning German for fun at uni (needed to take a general paper) and considering learning Korean (all I know is hangul lmao). And if I really want stretch the similarities with you, I took French for a term in high school when I was 13 LMAO (I don't know anything now though, hah). 

Anyway, it's so awesome to know that you know so many languages and still learning another :0 How did you learn all of them?? :o 

Yo another language lover! Languages are awesome!

My mom's a teacher and once had a german exchange student whose aunt was a German high school teacher and put me in contact with one of her student's family... I got my first job to buy the plane ticket and did a little private exchange where I learned a LOT of German and then kept practicing with books and movies after I got back home. I went back and visited the same family 2 more times so I got pretty darn fluent

As for Chinese... basically 我最喜欢的大学没有录取我 :( 所以我决定了take a gap year然后再次申请。我在北京帮了一个中国家庭提高他们的英文水平。不教英文的时候就学习中文 (最初真是太难了哈哈)逐渐把握了普通话。后来那个大学录取我,所以这个故事的结局很快乐 :) 

你怎么学中文的呀

Basically I got (very) lucky and took advantage of these two cool opportunities lol

French I learned because it's historically important where I live and I'm about 50% French by ancestry - I used Duolingo and then jumped to reading books

Shhh don't tell anyone, but my secret is reading the Harry Potter books in my target language (bought Harry Potter in Korean the other day lollll). I highly recommend reading a large amount of lowish-level material in whatever language you learn. It builds your vocabulary and improves your reading speed and natural sense of grammar. HP was perfect for me bc I read them in English like 5x (so I already know everything that happens and they're LONG)

Seems like we are pretty similar lol - what is your favorite language?

Also viel spaß beim Deutsch lernen ;)

5 hours ago, Hana said:

For Indonesian, I'm native. Then I learn English at school and from playing online games. Had a Mandarin course too at school so I know a little bit of Mandarin. Learn to read Hangul by myself, but have like 0,1% vocabulary of Korean language. I also speak Malaysian (Melayu) because its similar to my hometown language, I also learn the vocabulary by myself.

eRtbf5Y.gif

"밤하늘의 달마저 가리워지는 교차점에서, 기다려요. 기적은 이루어질까요?"

Where even the moon in the night sky hides, I'm waiting for you. Will there be a miracle?

I'm fluent in English and Dutch

I know a bit of German because we had that in school but I'm not really good at it. I also had French in school but the only thing I can say is that I don't speak French :).

I learned to read Hangul by myself and right I'm trying to get better at Korean by studying it by myself in my free time.

WYFGjfD.gifQWPWale.gif

_______YUJU__________________SOWON_______ ❤

18 hours ago, SINB LOVER said:

Can you translate love whisper :BeastToss-32:or a Gfriend video 

:BeastToss-32: You funny dawg.

So beautiful, like a stream of rain water, our transparent story...

ezgif.com-crop.gif.5dd0988a7301cbcff9b8c7650b4e37b3.gif

GFRIEND

Basic English, and 0's and 1's.

:gfs-smilie-jjang:

On 8/10/2017 at 5:30 PM, 천사보컬 said:

:BeastToss-32: You funny dawg.

You are gonna translate it right lol:Sowon-hue3:

resize output image

english, filipino, hiligaynon (native, fluent)

chinese, japanese (conversation level, ongoing japanese classes)

spanish (studied in uni and can understand)

korean (can read hangul, studied basic class from korean cultural center)

my goal is to take japanese N3 or N2 certification and then start learning korean again -- I was told the basic sentence structure is the same. 頑張ります!

On 8/9/2017 at 11:06 PM, SamZell2 said:

My mom's a teacher and once had a german exchange student whose aunt was a German high school teacher and put me in contact with one of her student's family... I got my first job to buy the plane ticket and did a little private exchange where I learned a LOT of German and then kept practicing with books and movies after I got back home. I went back and visited the same family 2 more times so I got pretty darn fluent

As for Chinese... basically 我最喜欢的大学没有录取我 :( 所以我决定了take a gap year然后再次申请。我在北京帮了一个中国家庭提高他们的英文水平。不教英文的时候就学习中文 (最初真是太难了哈哈)逐渐把握了普通话。后来那个大学录取我,所以这个故事的结局很快乐 :) 

你怎么学中文的呀

Basically I got (very) lucky and took advantage of these two cool opportunities lol

French I learned because it's historically important where I live and I'm about 50% French by ancestry - I used Duolingo and then jumped to reading books

Shhh don't tell anyone, but my secret is reading the Harry Potter books in my target language (bought Harry Potter in Korean the other day lollll). I highly recommend reading a large amount of lowish-level material in whatever language you learn. It builds your vocabulary and improves your reading speed and natural sense of grammar. HP was perfect for me bc I read them in English like 5x (so I already know everything that happens and they're LONG)

Guten Tag, mein Buddy! Wie gehts es Ihnen? 

FEZ4zS.gif "Fall down eight times, get up nine." 

"Вся слава Тому, Кто искупил жизнь мою"

English is my primary language. I can write an essay on Yuju better than I can write an academic research paper on the Eastern Front of the Second World War, my university specialty. 

Korean is my secondary but my vocabulary is pretty average. I never went to a school in Korea (thank the Lord) nor learned the grammatical technical stuff behind Korean. I can speak it fine and I can translate videos on the spot (like my Umji tweet), but writing and reading are my weaker points.

Russian is my third. Conversational languages. Я изучала русский язык в течение пяти лет в университете, и я думаю, что это один из самых сладких и сексуальных языков в мире.Слава GFriend! Слава GFriend! Слава друзьям! УРА!

FEZ4zS.gif "Fall down eight times, get up nine." 

"Вся слава Тому, Кто искупил жизнь мою"

On 8/10/2017 at 6:06 PM, SamZell2 said:

你怎么学中文的呀

I replied to you via PM because of my long reply xD 

2 hours ago, Yunaverse said:

English is my primary language. I can write an essay on Yuju better than I can write an academic research paper on the Eastern Front of the Second World War, my university specialty. 

Korean is my secondary but my vocabulary is pretty average. I never went to a school in Korea (thank the Lord) nor learned the grammatical technical stuff behind Korean. I can speak it fine and I can translate videos on the spot (like my Umji tweet), but writing and reading are my weaker points.

Russian is my third. Conversational languages. Я изучала русский язык в течение пяти лет в университете, и я думаю, что это один из самых сладких и сексуальных языков в мире.Слава GFriend! Слава GFriend! Слава друзьям! УРА!

LOL I want to read that Yuju essay :D 

Russian though! WOW, where did you learn that?? :o 

8Hwt9x.gif8SqYLK.gif

Spoiler

On 8/14/2017 at 0:27 AM, kishou said:

english, filipino, hiligaynon (native, fluent)

chinese, japanese (conversation level, ongoing japanese classes)

spanish (studied in uni and can understand)

korean (can read hangul, studied basic class from korean cultural center)

my goal is to take japanese N3 or N2 certification and then start learning korean again -- I was told the basic sentence structure is the same. 頑張ります!

WOW so you could translate Gfriend lover whisper lol:BeastToss-32:

resize output image

I can't speak any language but English 

resize output image

I can speak English and Chinese natively, beginning to learn Korean ㅋㅋ

Sent from my LG-H870DS using GFSquad.com mobile app

On 8/16/2017 at 2:36 AM, SINB LOVER said:

WOW so you could translate Gfriend lover whisper lol:BeastToss-32:

lol! just the phonetics! my korean is too basic... only sentences like "this is a ___", "i am _______" and "how much is this?" T_T

Sad to see a lack of Cantonese speakers on here :|

Was born in HK but can speak fluently in both Korean and Cantonese due to my mum being Korean and my dad Chinese ㅋㅋㅋㅋ.  Legit can't read or write Korean though cause I moved to Australia when I was young but steadily learning by watching videos with Korean subtitles and the news LOL

Also did French and Indonesian in high school for a few years but pretty much forgotten it all despite only finishing 2 years ago:Sowon-hue3:

rS2kPuN.gif

찬란하게 빛나던 시간이었다고 맑은 여름비처럼 고마웠었다고 - "It was a bright, shining moment.  Thanks for being a clear summer rain"

Twitter

Can speak 3 Language and learning to Korean and Japanese. And a little bit of French.

I speak Spanish, French (mother languages) and English 0: Im starting to learn Korean again

Sent from my iPhone using GFSquad.com mobile app

English and Malay. I learned Arabic before but since I didn't use it wisely........

English, tagalog and not so basic korean hehe xD

NbULFr1.jpg